' TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS FOR DARK SKIN TONES | Mathilde Haenen

2/21/2016

TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS FOR DARK SKIN TONES




Did you remember the time when there only was one shade for colored skins. Now we can find the perfect foundation almost everywhere. Yes, I said ALMOST everywhere! A few years ago I was in Slovenia for holidays and a bad thing happened! I forgot my foundation! It was a disaster to find a new foundation for my skin color. Especially in a small town in the east of Europe. Why? The reason is simple  many beauty stores like for example drugstore depends on the ethnic composition of the population, it easier to sell their product this way. That's why you will find more choices in larger cities than in a small town, where the population has no colored skin. Now there are specialized makeup brands for colored skin. So if you find one of them, you will find everything you need for your skin color. 


Let's see my top 5




1. IMAN

IMAN brand, launched in 1994, by Iman Abdulmajid Bowie (wife of the legendary David Bowie), and the first black supermodel.  IMAN Cosmetics are designed for African American, Asian, Latina and multi-cultural women with skin tones in a myriad of shades. The brand offers skincare and cosmetics, including 16 foundation shades. I tested this brand and I love it!





2. BLACKOPAL

When I was  a little girl, I remember my mother always used this makeup brand. I grew up with this brand, and it was the first brand of makeup that I knew, that it was specialized for colored skin tones. In 1994 BLACKOPAL was launched by three creative forces combined their passion for beauty.


3.BLACKUP

I always find what I need with this brand. BLACK UP, brand for black and mixed race skins, offers makeup totally adapted to dark and golden brown skin tones. BLACK UP has developed a true beauty exepertise to answer the specific needs of black and mixed skin beauties and offers a makeup line focused on elegence and glamour.  Just what I need.


4. MAC

MAC Cosmetics (MAC standing for Make-up Art Cosmetics) was founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo in 1984. The company's products were originally intended for makeup professionals, but are now sold directly to consumers worldwide. This why you will always find everything what you need for each skin color.  I'am always crazy about RiRi'scollections.




5. MAKEUP FOREVER

MAKEUP FOREVER created in 1984 by make-up artist Dany Sanz. is a French cosmetics brand owned by LVMH. Dany Sanz started out as a make-up artist for a friend's theatre production. Sanz created the first professional makeup school in Europe in the 1970s. Always a lot of choice with this brand. 


This is my top 5. Now, every brand has a range for colored skin. Like NARS, BOBBI BROWN or L'OREAL .
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mathilde Haenen | All rights reserved.

I N S T A G R A M

Blogger Template Developed by pipdig